Monday, March 13, 2017

Patterns From The Past: McCall's 7801 - Separates From '65

I really get a kick out of these vintage advertisements for McCall's patterns when I find them in my vintage Seventeen Magazines:
 Here's the pattern she is "talking" about in the ad, McCall's 7801 from 1965:

The ad is silly - but it IS cute:
She made everything, and she certainly was stylin' in her mix and match wardrobe which included a madras plaid.
That's a LOT of sewing, girlfriend; good job!

So he called her shift a "super highway with crazy road dividers", huh?
Hey, she seems happy about it, so that's enough for me.
Here's the back of the pattern:
And, so that we can truly complete her ensemble, here is the pattern for her madras tote bag, "McCall's Quickie No. 7760":
And now, we're off!
Just like "He" and She.

3 comments:

Tina Dawn said...

I remember when madras plaid was very in, 1965 sounds just about right. The red in the pattern used to bleed a little, and it was even better then. I love her super highway shift! Great post. Love T

Candice said...

My brothers had madras shorts and sport coats (not to be worn together). I must have had a madras dress! I will check out the old photo albums.

I am so far behind in reading my blogs!

Diane said...

That is an off-beat ad for McCall's but kind of neat. You could make quite a lot off one pattern. Keep these old pattern posts coming!