Sunday, January 1, 2017

January - A New Year, And a New Illustration

Happy New Year, everyone!
I wanted to be sure and share my January illustration with you.
 From my thrift store book, "The Year Around Book", written by
Helen Jill Fletcher  and illustrated by the illustrious Jerry Pinkney.
 "January is the first month of the year.
We celebrate New Year's Day January 1.
We have parties.
We wear fancy hats.
We blow horns and whistles."
 I didn't do any fancy hats, parties, or horns and whistles - we were in bed before midnight!
We still welcome and celebrate the arrival of the New Year, though!
Just in a quieter way, I suppose.
:)


3 comments:

Diane said...

Very cute! Thanks for sharing.

Shortbread and Ginger said...

Great illustrations!

Tina Dawn said...

Sure, those kids are all young, they can make it to midnight! Happy New Year! Love T