Sunday, July 3, 2016

In The Mood For Some Vintage Stars And Stripes And Fireworks

We'll start off today with this fabulous vintage Uncle Sam, below.
He isn't mine; I found him on eBay:
Here's an oldie - this beauty on the cover of Motion Picture magazine:
Moving forward about four decades, we have the illustration below, which is by the very talented Tom Morrow.
Looks like everybody is having fun to me!
Circa 1969, below we have a boutique called "The Flag Pole", which was featured in the Los Angeles Times Home Magazine.
Seems as though it was the "happening" place to be:
Here are two very cool vintage bedrooms in red, white and blue:
And, as for the fireworks.....
Here they are in all their glory from the pages of my vintage "The Year Around Book" written by Helen Jill Fletcher that I am featuring each month:
I like the way illustrator Jerry Pinkney depicted the fireworks - and I love the colors!
I haven't seen fireworks since the last time I was at Disneyland two years ago.
I miss them.
Hope you get to see some this weekend, or tomorrow night!

2 comments:

Tina Dawn said...

Very nice 4th of July post! I will get to see my usual inch tall fireworks from Auburn, usually with the sounds accompanying them from the Placerville fireworks, which are not visible except for the glow coming from them. Love T

Diane said...

Very cool! Happy 4th!