Thursday, February 25, 2016

Cleo, Making Herself At Home

When Lori had to move recently, she found a cute little rental and the property owner did not want pets.
She tried in vain to find someone who could take her cat.
Well, to make along story short, we wound up taking her. The last thing I wanted was for Lori to have to take her to an animal shelter.
Meet Cleo - she's a pretty kitty:
She is curled up on the red vintage Cosco stepstool that was always known as Dizzy's stool.
I can't believe our beloved Dizzy Kitty has been gone for almost two years, now.
We had some concerns about having a cat again, but she's here - and we are all adjusting pretty well.
She can be a bit ornery when she does not get her way - and I admit, I'm having a bit of a hard time with that.
But she's a pretty good kitty, MOST of the time!

5 comments:

Candice said...

Cleo looks like a calico kitty to me. I am so glad she has found a new home with you. We had a calico named Mama Kitty when I was a child. I still miss that sweet kitty!

Tina Dawn said...

Cleo is so pretty and I am SO happy you took her in and she is settling into your routine. I hope she gets over her onery-ness. I never saw that side of her when I used to babysit her. I guess she was just always really happy to see me. I can't believe Dizzy has been gone that long. He was such a sweet little thing. Love T

lorlore said...

Cleo is 10 years this March. Hopefully she is only a 'pill' once in a great while? I know she is MUCH happier in your cozy home than she had been with me the last 2 years while I worked out of town!And I get to visit her some!!!! Thankyou!!!!

Rhonda said...

That is really wonderful of you to take Cleo in! Hopefully the orneriness goes away as soon as she adjusts. She really is a pretty cat! Good luck :)

Laurie - Lolo So Retro said...

How sweet for you to take in this sweet kitty! I hope time brings you all closer!

Laurie S.