Friday, October 2, 2015

Finds: Again With The Textiles....

Well, I found some more good textiles at the thrifts, so here goes....
This pretty vintage "Mother" pillow cover was too nice to resist:
And I found yet another vintage needlepunch or punchwork pillow cover - this one would be SO cute in a child's room:
Just in time for Halloween decorating, I found a nice long orange corduroy runner, and the vintage scarf and woven belt you see on top of it below:
I found a bag that contained all three of these beautiful and colorful embroidered ribbons - I think I already have that same one with the cabin scene, or it may be a little bit different:
I also love it when I find nice fabrics. Whether they are small remnants or more yardage, if it catches my eye and the price is right, I pick it up.
 These happen to be fabric samples in five different colorways, with enough of each to use to make a pillow or something - and they're such a pretty floral pattern.
In "Evergreen":
"Natural":
And "Moss Green":
(And there are two more colors, as well.)
I couldn't resist the unfinished crewel work  below on a purple background.
 Oh, boy - don't know that I'm up for attempting to complete it on my own with no diagram.
Yes I could choose my own colors, but I'm not much good at embroidery of any kind.
It sure would be fabulous if it was finished, though!
It's a big one, measuring 23X28 inches:
I found some clothing, too - like this USMC jacket that I feel fairly certain I will be able to sell:
And I like this red plaid shirt, shown below, too.
I thought the scarf-like thing was a kerchief to wear on your head, but then I had the wild idea to tie it around the neck of this shirt and I kind of love the way it looks!
 Perhaps that is what it was meant for, after all?
It was a quarter:
Oh, and last of all, I found another gorgeous bedspread like the Bates one I found a while back.
The colors! The fringe!
Very similar to Bates, but this one is actually from Penney's.
I got it pretty cheap because it has a couple of stains.
 Haven't tried to get them out yet, but if I can't, I like the idea of  making pillows with that fringe around the edges.
Yep, that would work for me
I've simply got to do SOMETHING with the gorgeous thing!

2 comments:

Tina Dawn said...

Great finds. I really like the trim with the cabin! Love T

Sunnyana said...

You were right about the neckerchief. I know someone who used to make them, and they were always southwest style. I like the embroidered ribbon. I have some similar to the floral one but I've never seen anything like the others. Lots of great finds!