Wednesday, August 12, 2015

Only the Lonely... A Toad's Tale

He was a very lonely toad.


He usually only came out at night.


There was never any one there.


Only a few crunchy bugs, a couple of slinky ants.


He looked in all the pots for the frogs he thought should be hanging around.


He knew at one time a salamander lived here.


He checked out the undersides of the begonia leaves... nothing, no one.


It seemed to him that he was the last amphibian in Kelsey.


He was so alone, he felt rejected by all slimy things, pushed away by all his slippery kin.


One last look under the wandering jew, or perhaps over there near the impatiens.


Where have all the froggies gone, long time passing?


Oh well, he thought, there are more mosquitoes and fruit flies left for me.

4 comments:

Sunnyana said...

I love your creative way of sharing and I liked the reference to Where Have All the Flowers Gone. Haven't thought of that song in a long time! I always enjoy your posts of your flowers and the view from your home.

Heidi Ann said...

Aww, poor lonesome froggie ! Perhaps someday he will find a mate, and he can go "a courting", a hum, a hum.....

Unknown said...

Love your blog, just found today. The froggie story is fantastic! Love the old restaurant shots too, wish I still had my old Italian restaurant waitress uniform :)

Heidi Ann said...

Thanks so much for commenting, Michelle!
I'm glad you found us, and I hope you'll keep reading.
There are a ton of back posts you could catch up on!
I have no way to contact you directly, but we hope you will visit again, and comments are always welcome.