Thursday, July 16, 2015

Mother's Marionette

Hello there!
I am a clown marionette that was handmade by the Gold Country Girls' Mother back in the late 1960's.
 I believe it was for a class in Puppetry she took when she went back to college while in her mid-to-late 30's.
How cute am I with my little aqua-and-white polka-dotted self?
I'm afraid I am in need  of some TLC; I need to be restrung and spruced up a bit.
After all, you don't want me to lose my head, do you?
I think I would rather like it if a puppeteer fixed me up again and used me to entertain audiences!
That IS what  I was created for.

 But, I think  - for right now,
I am just going to sit here and take it easy for a spell.
"Be a clown, be a clown, all the world loves a clown........"

2 comments:

Tina Dawn said...

Nice to see you again, although I have to disagree with "all the world loves a clown". But I do think all the world loves a marionette, clown or not. I know our Mom loved that class! I wonder if Daddy cut out his feet and hands? Love T

Sunnyana said...

I've been looking back over some of your posts I missed. I want to say how sweet it is you have your mother's hand made marionette. When I was young my older cousin was a puppeteer. He made hundreds of puppets and put on shows for different groups and occasions. He has since given away all his puppets but I recently found a bunch of his old photos. It's great to reminisce about those good times but how special you still have the one your mother made.