Tuesday, April 14, 2015

Patterns From The Past: Simplicity 5272 - A Mini-Dress Or Smock

Today's pattern is a "Super Simple" Simplicity pattern from 1972,
worn below by the lovely Sunny Redmond:
Super Simple - do you think that means even I might have been able to handle it?
With contrasting fabric on the pockets.....
.... and at the neckline:
Detail from the back of the pattern:
It would be a cute smock/cover-up to wear in place of an apron, if you were working on something, I suppose.
And here's Sunny again:
She's so gorgeous that she makes it look pretty darned cute, I think!

2 comments:

Tina Dawn said...

I love it! What you need to be able to sew, mostly, is PATIENCE! There is a lot of cutting and pinning and usually some ripping out. I am about to start work on an old fashioned ballgown. I am not sure I am patient enough! Love T

Sew Inspired said...

You can do it. Take your time. I'm getting hooked on altered clothes. If I was younger (hmmm...) I would wear these again, but I'm going to have to let others wear them. I think I had a lot of the patterns you're finding. Good luck.