Thursday, November 13, 2014

Some Lovely Gifts

I just wanted to show you some of my favorite gifts I received for my birthday last month.
My friend Heidi gave me the owl you see below.
Isn't he a cutie?
And look how perfectly he fits in sitting there:
My sister Lori gave me this Betty Crocker Pie And Pastry Cookbook:
It was one of the few that I did not yet have for my collection, and it's a good one!
 The picture of my vintage paper flowers that I shared the other day came from this cookbook.  Love it.

And Lori also gave me this beautiful vintage embroidered shoe bag:
We were together at a thrift store when she found it, and I was so envious that she saw it first!
She knew I loved it - and then she surprised me with it on my birthday!
 Thanks, Sis!
I bought the little lady below for myself for my birthday - with birthday money from my husband.
He said "You can buy something you really want."
So I did.
She looks right at home flanked by two of her sisters on the mantel, don't you think?

4 comments:

Tina Dawn said...

Love all your gifts! Love T

Annette said...

Looks like a very happy birthday!

Anonymous said...

Lovely gifts you lucky thing. What are the ladies you bought exactly, are they candle holders?

Heidi Ann said...

Hi Trudie! Yes, they are vintage candle holders from the late 1960's. thank you for visiting!