Sunday, October 5, 2014

Meet The Swinger


Before YouTube even existed, I remembered this Polaroid TV commercial from 1965.
 I've always remembered the entire jingle; I'm just funny that way.
"It's more than a camera, it's almost alive. It's only nineteen dollars and ninety-five...."
So, when I saw this one sitting on a thrift store shelf (really cheap), I "snapped" it up.
Call me crazy.
No matter that I have no use for it....
I have no FILM for it.....
Whatever.
It's "The Swinger!", for crying out loud.
And I just thought it was cool.
(Oh, and yes, that IS Ali MacGraw in the commercial.)

4 comments:

Harold Osler said...

Who cares that you've no film? I'd be setting it right next to my radio on a chain and my caramel and white '50s electric razor. Love it

Tina Dawn said...

Pretty neat. I never did have a Polaroid camera, but it was always fun to watch the photo develop when someone took one. Love T

farmlady said...

Well yea! I would have jumped on this. I never had this particular model, but I loved Polaroid cameras. Instant pictures... how much better can it get. (Go on line and see if you can still get the film. You just might be able to.)

GSGreatEscaper said...

Swing it up,
it says 'yes'
take the shot,
count it down, zip it off!

Meet the swinger, Polaroid's swinger, (repeat until fade.)

You're not the only fan. The Polaroid office complex is becoming a shopping center..so sad!