Thursday, September 18, 2014

Patterns From The Past: Simplicity 5015 - Lori's Dress For The Senior Ball

Here's a blast from the past, all right!
Lori and her boyfriend, all decked out for the Senior Ball, circa 1972:
 She made her gorgeous dress from Simplicity pattern number 5015
How cute are they?
The pattern:
And we even have a little fabric swatch, courtesy of her 4-H book:
And, lastly, the pattern back for you:
 And a good time was had by all - at "The Ball".
I was there, too!
 But I didn't make my dress.
Our high school boyfriends just happened to share the same birthday.
And that would be TODAY.
Happy 59th birthday, guys!

6 comments:

Tina Dawn said...

Ah, my little sisters going to the ball. Lori has always been a great seamstress and good at crafts. Thanks so much for showing these photos! And happy birthday guys! Love T

Protector of Vintage said...

Love the photo!! Cute couple!! I had a very similar style dress that my mom made for me. I wore it to a piano recital!

lorlore said...

Those were the days!!!!! Loved the 70's!!!!!!

Jill said...

This looks so much like a dress my Mom made for me!!

Diane said...

How neat! And how great to have a swatch of the fabric. Must bring back lots of memories!

farmlady said...

It's a beautiful dress... so 70's, so cute.
She only looks about twelve years old. Ha!