Sunday, September 21, 2014

Embroidery Designs From Vintage Books and Patterns

Today, we have some patterns from embroidery books I have been picking up at thrift shops.
How cute is this owl?
The following three photos are from that book, "The Basic Book Of Embroidery" by Jane Simpson:


This next book is a special favorite of mine:
 "Modern Embroidery" by Ike Rosen, with another owl on the cover!
And here are some examples from Ike's book:
I absolutely LOVE these colorful designs!
Ah, the sun - bright and beautiful:
The photo below is a small runner I found at a thrift store.
The embroidery on it struck me as being reminiscent of Mr. Rosen's designs.
 I like it a lot:
The last book is this one: "Embroidery, A Golden Hands Pattern Book":
And some lovely creations from within it's pages:
More gorgeous flowers, aren't they spectacular?
Birds and blooms and branches:
I'll take orange, hot pink and yellow- any time:
And here's an assortment of vintage patterns I have that are full of embroidery designs, some of which you may remember seeing on this blog before. One from McCall's, and the rest from Simplicity:

And the last image, below is from a Leisure Arts book of embroidery transfers. It has a lot of cute designs inside, as well!
I must say, if I keep finding more of these great vintage books, I may just have to do another post like this, because the wonderful, colorful designs are simply begging to be shared.

4 comments:

Tina Dawn said...

Wow. I would love to see the others too. I love the McCall's pattern's space designs. Love T

Annette said...

I especially love the flowers. I am wondering where you store all these things. You seem to have so many books and patterns and etc..... :>)

Diane said...

Love them! How cute is that clothesline? I'm very partial to hot pink and orange myself. So "mod!"

Heidi Ann said...

Tina: Those are neat aren't they?
Annette: Hmmm....well, let's just say that storage is actually a MAJOR problem around here,and leave it at that. :)
Diane: The clothesline IS cute! By the way, I'm with you on the hot pink and orange combo. Love 'em.