Thursday, July 17, 2014

For Disneyland's Birthday - My First Post About Our Trip

Today is Disneyland's 59th birthday!
My way of celebrating is to pen my first post about the great trip that Lori and I took last month.
Mickey And Walt say hello!
I loved this painting of the Disneyland Railroad that I saw in the Disney Gallery:
The gorgeous Sleeping Beauty Castle:
And here is just ONE of my favorite Disney mountains - home to one of my favorite attractions, The Matterhorn Bobsleds:
The first meal Lori and I had at Disneyland was a sandwich with chips at the Jolly Holiday Bakery Cafe.
It was our first visit to this restaurant. (This trip included a number of "firsts" for me/us.)
We were even able to see some of "Mickey's Soundsational Parade", as it went by along the street, at four o'clock in the afternoon.
Very enjoyable, and the Oven Roasted Turkey Sandwich was so big I couldn't even finish it:
My beloved and most favorite Disney attraction - Space Mountain - was closed!
I was SO disappointed.
It reopened about two or three days after we left.
That just doesn't seem right to me!
This is my daughter-in-law Wendy and me on the Buzz Lightyear Astro Blasters. (I am horrible at it. Seriously. Bad.)
It's still fun, though:
We spotted some giraffes on the Jungle Cruise, if you''ll pardon my pun:
The first dinner Lori and I had was at The French Market.
Mine was the French Quarter Chicken (Southern Style Oven Roasted Citrus Half Chicken, Smashed Potatoes, Seasonal Vegetables and Citrus Au Jus), and it was delicious.
I am sort of a freak about leftovers - I hate wasting good food - so I actually took some of my chicken with me, and I brought it all the way home.
We had a refrigerator in our room, we had a portable cooler for the drive home, I carry plastic bags with me, so why not?
 Weird?
 Perhaps, but it's just something I do, whenever possible.:
More Disneyland posts featuring additional random photos from all around the Disneyland Resort to come.......
(Because it's fun for me to write about My Happiest Place.)
Happy Birthday, Disneyland!
I love you.

3 comments:

Tina Dawn said...

Wow, your meals look great. I enjoyed all your photos and can't wait to hear more about your visit to your happiest place. I am so sorry Space Mountain was closed. Remember the time we went on it again and again? That was fun! Love T

Sunnyana said...

Great Disneyland photos and the food looks delicious. This morning before I saw your post, when I realized the date, I remembered it was Disneyland's birthday. I didn't think anyone else would know that! I can always remember how old it is since I was born just a few months before it opened. I was working there for the 30th anniversary and now can hardly believe almost another 30 years have gone by! Can't wait to see more of your photos. Deanna

GSGreatEscaper said...

I first went to Disneyland in '77 and went again in 97. Went to Disney World many times in the '90s. In '97 not only was Space Mtn closed, it's a small world was closed, and I was there with a kindergardener who was inconsolable. Space Mountain was always closed, in both locations, until in 2003, finally, it was open while I was there. So count yourself lucky!