Friday, February 21, 2014

Crewel Sunflowers

I was searching and shopping on Etsy (as I am wont to do), and I came across this gorgeous crewel stitchery picture for sale by seller "BubblyCreek":
I recognized it, because I had just seen an advertisement for the very same item on the back of one of my vintage magazines!
"An exclusive offer for Woman's Day Readers".
I think it is beautiful and fabulous:
 Such a lovely design, based on one of Vincent Van Gogh's Sunflower paintings.
 It doesn't say who designed the stitchery piece, but they certainly did a wonderful job with it!
Wonder how long it takes to complete a "masterpiece" like that?

2 comments:

Tina Dawn said...

Is this from the seventies? That is when I did most of my embroidery kits. Never did such a big one though! It looks like it is in very good condition. Love T

Twyla and Lindsey said...

Heidi, this is so awesome! Not only is it gorgeous and beautifully done, but you have the add, too! I can tell you that it took Plenty of hours to complete a work of art like this! Have a nice weekend! Twyla