Wednesday, December 4, 2013

Vintage Plastic Christmas Trees

Good morning. Tina here. It is getting cold in Kelsey, with snow predicted this weekend.

So I guess it is really time to start with the Christmas decorating. 


I don't know if you know this about me, but I am a vintage plastic nut. I love plastic! I have shown you my glow-in-the-dark, mostly plastic, vintage Christmas items before, here http://goldcountrygirls.blogspot.com/2009/12/glow-in-dark-christmas.html


As you will see in that post, I have a few glow-in-the-dark Christmas trees.


This year I am adding some vintage plastic trees. Most of them are about 10 1/2 to 11 inches tall.


You put them together on a center stick, and add the cute little glass ornaments to the tips.


They will make an adorable forest on top of my upright piano.


This tree has all red ornaments. I prefer the many-colored bulbs, but I will take what I find.


It is nice to have the box, to pack it away safely after Christmas.


 Below is a tree without the ornaments, ready to decorate. These trees are made by "Plasco".


Complete with instructions.


I love the little star at the top of the center piece.


This tree has more of a frosted ornament look.


Below are two different trees, called "Crystal Pine" trees.


The ornaments on these are attached already.


I would like to find little tiny tree-toppers for the tops of these.


I am looking forward to the plastic pine forest.


The only thing missing will be the scent of pine needles.

I think I will add some pine-scented candles to the top of the piano to take care of that.

Better get busy!

11 comments:

Heidi Ann said...

I absolutely LOVE them! I only have two of the "Crystal Pine" ones - but not in green. What wonderful vintage decorations they are!

Tami Von Zalez said...

Ooooo, grabbing that image and linking back to you on my Countdown to Kitschmas! (That will post on 12/23 tho)

GardenOfDaisies said...

Oh my goodness, these are sooo cute! I have never seen them before.

~Damita's Pretty Wrap~ said...

These are sooo cute!! :) Happy December! xo Holly

Unknown said...

Do you have any of the plastic vintage Christmas trees (white with the green star and stand) for sale?

Unknown said...

Is this for sale? Had one from 1960 till 78 when we had a fire

Barb said...

SO cute. I have looked and looked and cannot find any. I would LOVE to have one!!!!!!

Anonymous said...

How much is plastic Christmas tree. Put this together with my sister as a child. We are 70 now

Anonymous said...

I would like to know more my tree has an angel on the top

Anonymous said...

I have a (clear) “Crystal Pine” (pictured above) that was my grannies, and which I do treasure. Still trying to figure out how old it might be(?)

Anonymous said...

I had one too, growing up, wish I knew where it went