Monday, September 16, 2013

Useful Things

Useful things, discovered at thrift stores are what I am featuring today. First up, colorful thread on wooden spools , nestled onto a Disneyland (!) plate. I was pretty tickled when I found that plate!
"Specially hand made by", Rose, Dorothy, Grace, etc. - sweet little woven labels:
Adjustable straps for your unmentionables:
Don't want to worry about your bra straps showing? How about some vintage "Lingerie Guards" to help you out?
Rayon and satin blanket binding. I think I actually have a vintage blanket or two that could use some new binding!
And round elastic cord - now, I am certain I can find a use for this as well!
I always pick up little things like these at thrift shops. You just never know what you might find when you really take the time to look!

2 comments:

Tina Dawn said...

An interesting collection. Congrats on finding a Disneyland plate. I know a Betty and a Dorothy if you are trying to find people for your labels! Love T

Andy's Attic said...

Love the Disney plate! What a find! And the handmade by labels are exactly like the ones my mother used for the afgans she knitted!!