Friday, August 30, 2013

Another Simplicity Dress From The 70's

Here's another dress from Simplicity, a blast from the past. I like doing this type of post, and I think I'll start doing them  more often.
This edition of Simplicity Fashion News is from 1971, and here you see an example of pattern number 9834 made up and modeled by a lovely young lady. Looks like maybe corduroy for the smock - a wonderful choice. I happen to love me some corduroy:

And here's the pattern itself, below: 

 I can picture a a young art teacher or kindergarten teacher wearing something like that.
 Pretty, cute, and practical.
And here's  pattern number 9843, for the outfit the little girl is wearing:
How sweet!

3 comments:

Tina Dawn said...

Very cute. Love the fabrics. I will look forward to more posts like this. Love T

Twyla and Lindsey said...

I think I had that pattern! I never made it though:( I think it looked too difficult for me, but I loved the style so. Have a nice weekend! Twyla

beachgal said...

Let's pray to the fashion Gods the smock top never makes a return to fashion in our time! I hated this look then, but then I was long gone out of my teen years when it hit and wearing hot pants, glitter rock and Halston by 1971 - not quite into the same fashion realm as the smock top was! Sure was popular with the teen set however!