Friday, May 24, 2013

Vintage French Schoolbook


Sis Lori here, realized I had not done a post for a while, so here goes.....
Another vintage book from my collection, found at a book sale quite some time ago. I love the colorful illustrations, on many pages. It was published in 1938 and used at a Jr. High in the 50's. If I could have learned French from this cute book, I might have taken it, instead of German. We have some German blood in our background so I chose to learn it instead, and besides, I was the German Teacher's 'Pet' so I got great grades!!! I don't remember too much now, it was almost 40 years ago, but can still count some.....



A cute book following two wooden soldiers, Totor and Tristan, and the cute illustrations give you a clue as to what's going on.....



                       Above, dealing with the animals and below, Christmas, as far as I can gather.......



                            The garden, tomatoes, carrots, and something about being tired?????


                           The illustrations really help a lot, I can even try to guess what it is all about......




                                                a grand piano, I can get that one for sure.........



And this one is my favorite with the tin soldiers in all the different colors.
Such a cute and fun book!!!!!









3 comments:

Tina Dawn said...

Very cute, and interesting too. I don't speak French either and actually started figuring it out by the end. Thanks for the lesson! Love T

Heidi Ann said...

What a darling little book - thank you for this cute post, Lor!

farmlady said...

Wish I had you with me last fall when I went to Germany. I sure could have use an interpreter while I was there... but I took French in school and so this dear little book really appeals to me. I love the french language.
This book is wonderful!Made for a great post.