Friday, April 5, 2013

Our Booth: Downsizing

We decided that, as of April 1st, we wanted to save a little on our booth rent up at Mountain Treasures in Sonora. The rent had gone up on January 1st of this year, and it was simply more than we could comfortably handle. So, we went smaller. This was a real challenge, since our larger booth was very full. Here's a photo after HOURS worth of work was done last week:



 But before that, it looked like this:

 I had to go up and move everything off of five shelves, and then move the shelves so the wall on the left side could be moved in by four feet. Before that, I had already gotten rid of the rolling clothing rack we'd been borrowing from the owner (which I loved, by the way, but it wouldn't fit anymore). A nice gentleman helped me move the shelves:



 Lori came over last week and we worked to get it looking nice again - within our now-smaller space:

 Whew! It was quite a job, and we were very proud of ourselves when we finished!


The top of a shelf:



 We even managed to hang up this swag lamp. I like this lamp a lot, but I do not have a place to put it, so I "put it" up for sale, instead:


The next photo shows the back wall:

 To the left of the chicken-wire screen door you see hanging in the photo above, we managed to fit our jewelry display case into the corner. (You can see it a little in a couple of the above photos, as well.)  Lori and I each had some wooden vegetable crates that , when stacked together, provided a base for the cabinet, allowing room for the top to be opened, and then the crates also serve as a bookshelf and display shelves below:
It worked out very well!
Mountain Treasures is located at 13645 Tuolumne Road in Sonora, California. Drop in sometime if you're ever in the area, won't you?

6 comments:

Lorlore said...

We did good!!! It looks nice!!!!

Tina Dawn said...

Wow, I knew it was a lot of work but that is just amazing. It looks very nice. I wish I could have been there to help. I want to go shopping! Love T

GardenOfDaisies said...

Sounds like a lot of work! I wish I lived close so I could come and visit your booth.

Tami Von Zalez said...

It looks great. I need to pop up there and say hello! I have been a fan of your blog for quite some time now.

Annette said...

You guys did a great job! I've done the downsize thing and it is not easy. I know how much work goes into that job and you really made it look good!
Annette

yosemite faith said...

your hard work shows