Monday, July 16, 2012

What's Penny Wearing? #75 A Study In Blue Tweed


Penny looks stunning in today's featured garment - this "tweedy" blue coat I found at a thrift store. Brand new, with the price tag still attached - I tried it on and it felt pretty good (there was no mirror nearby). Leave it to me to find cool-weather clothing in the dog days of summer, as was the same case back when I found my Little Red Riding Hood red wool jacket last year.

Well, as it happened, coats were half-price that day, so I bought it. Doesn't it go perfectly with this blue handmade scarf (above) I had also picked up at another thrift shop a while back?
And it looks pretty good with the vintage Ann Taylor plaid scarf seen with it below. (Yes - thrifted - you know me, right?)

It has some nice detailing, too, what with the half-belt at the back and trim on the sleeves:

But, alas, when I tried it on again at home in front of a mirror, I saw that it is really too big in the shoulders for me - shoot! Not the type of thing that is easily fixed - not by ME, anyway!

So I think I will probably try to sell it. So much for my blue tweed coat.
It sure is a pretty one, though.

4 comments:

Jill said...

It's pretty but I can't even imagine putting that material next to my skin, it's so hot!!

Tami Von Zalez said...

Nice! I'd wear that ... which label was it made under?
thriftshopcommando.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

Hey, I'm big in the shoulders. Whatcha askin'?

Tina Dawn said...

I love the shade of blue, almost makes me feel cooler. I wish it fit you well. Love T