Thursday, April 26, 2012

More Finds From The Thrift Shops

Some of my recent thriftshop finds, below - a tablecloth, a gorgeous Blue Ridge Pottery plate, a nice set of storage jars, and another restaurant china platter:

This is such a nice Case file cabinet, with a locking cupboard on the side - and I was happy that it still had the key:
I found a couple of crocheted doilies, this wooden frame into which I placed a Little Miss Muffet storybook print, two old Childcraft volumes, and a vinyl box:

I picked up a shutter and also a nice crewelwork stitchery picture:

A pretty vintage box of Montag stationery, and a set of four nice cotton napkins from Crate And Barrel:

I also found a Boston Bulldog pencil sharpener, below. Might seem like a weird thing to buy to some of you - but I was tickled to find it! Now I just need to find the right surface to nail it onto so that I can actually use it. And yes, I'd rather use this than an automatic one:
I'm just funny that way.

6 comments:

Tina Dawn said...

I have an old pencil sharpener too! I think they work so much better than the new ones. Do you remember the one we used to have in the hall closet in the old part of the house? I have one just like that one, I looked for years to find one. No, I haven't hung it up yet, I never found the right place. Maybe I need to just give up and put it in the hall closet! LOL. Love T

Tami Von Zalez said...

I so agree with you on going "low tech." I prefer a hand-crack can opener to the electric ones. But I gotta admit I opt for an electric juicer.
I always enjoy you girls' posts! I liked your Placerville history one from the other day too.
thriftshopcommando.blogspot.com

Reduce, Reuse and Rummage said...

And nice storage items. Those glass canisters will come in handy as well as that sunny yellow file cabinet!

meghan said...

Loving the old yellow cabinet.

mary martha said...

I love the crewel picture!!! If it goes to Esty let me know!

yosemite faith said...

i love the yellow cabinet also, great finds once again heidi.