Saturday, April 14, 2012

Models From The 70's - Betsy Cameron

I wrote a post about Betsy Cameron back in 2009, but that was well before I started my "Models From The 70's" series, so I felt she was certainly deserving of another.

She is, of course, yet another of the number of lovely models I admired so much back when I was reading these Seventeen magazines.


As you already know, I wanted their clothes!

Here she is in an advertisement for "Charlie's Girls":

And here's an ad for Most Precious perfume:

The one below was a Singer ad:

She has such a beautiful face, and I just love her cute curly blonde hair.
I hope you enjoyed seeing all of these lovely pages wherein she was featured.
(All are from the pages of my vintage Seventeen magazines.)

7 comments:

Tina Dawn said...

Love those clothes in the Singer ad. What a cutie she was. Love T

yosemite faith said...

i love these posts from old magazines. i certainly was a magazine girl when i was young.

baju muslim said...

WONDERFUL Post.thanks for share..

farmlady said...

Aw! Seventeen magazine... read it until I was 30 I think. I loved it.
Betsy was a cutie. Love the ads and the clothes.
Wonder where she is now?

Anonymous said...

Betsy Cameron discovered the other side of the camera: Commendable work with refugee children after the war in the far east, then a creative new approach to photographing children in general. Then other & varied pursuits.

http://betsycameron.co.uk/about-betsy2.html

I used to “borrow” my sisters’ Seventeen magazines, but I don’t remember ever admiring the clothes. I had forgotten all about that. Now great memories, thanks to Heidi. Jim J;O)

Debbie V. said...

I do love the Seventeen posts - no matter what you post. Would love to see some of the 1960's British Invasion articles.
Thanks for all your posts!

Unknown said...

Hi, my search for a particular magazine has brought me to your doorstep.I wasn't sure how to contact you so I am doing it this way. I am looking for a mid seventies issue of seventeen magazine which featured a bedroom makeover in pink gingham and white wicker. It was the room I use to fantasise over.I am positive the magazine was Seventeen and probably 1975.Could you possibly check through your collection for me and let me know the issue if you come across it.
Kind Regards
lisa