Monday, November 28, 2011

More From The Thrift Shops

Just a few more of my recent finds - including a little more Christmas:
A couple of Betty Crocker cookbooks:
A vintage tin; I had always hoped to find one with this pretty design on it!
More vintage patterns:
And some paint by number horse paintings:

This one has a little touch-up - providing I can match the paint! (Sing it with me now "Goodbye, Old Paint, I'm a' leavin' Cheyenne....". Does anybody else even remember that?)
A pretty polka-dotted tablecloth, crocheted pot holders, a recipe box, and a pretty pair of mugs:

It's always fun to discover little treasures!

7 comments:

Tina Dawn said...

Great finds. I haven't been out there looking like I used to, waiting for better walking ability. Then watch out! LOL. Love T

Protector of Vintage said...

Great finds! I especially like the cute nativity figurines!!

Unknown said...

I love that tin! I always look for those. I have two--one that a friend sent me, and one from an estate sale. I think they originally held fruitcake!

Reduce, Reuse and Rummage said...

Both the tin and recipe holder are great. I also would love to flip through the recipe books!

yosemite faith said...

you did it again heidi!

EmmaPeel61 said...

Hey, how did you get my grandmother's recipe box??? Seriously, all the way from New York to California....

Okay, I confess that I've been enjoying your blog entries for months. Thanks for bringing up so many happy memories from my own childhood and it's such fun to read about the part of California that you live in...you really brighten my day.

Heidi, you and your sisters totally rock!

Kkgrammy said...

enjoy the blog, journey back in time, and your great treasures.