Tuesday, August 30, 2011

A Surprise

First of all, let me tell you that we do not have a garden. And I LOVE good tomatoes. I mean, REALLY love them. And in the summer, I pretty much refuse to eat the regular tomatoes from the grocery store.
So, we go once a week to the farmer's market and I get some of my favorite little orange tomatoes. Sungold? I'm not sure what the actual variety name is. Well, I had been looking at how many I had left, and was sort of lamenting the fact that they did not seem like enough - meaning they were NOT going to last until the next market day.
So then, my husband come home with a surprise! His ex-wife had sent home these tomatoes for me!

How nice was THAT?!
Now, I don't have to worry about running out....

3 comments:

Tina Dawn said...

Perfect! I will be right over! Just kidding, I do have a garden and I have a lot of little red cherries this year. Yum. Enjoy. Love T

Sponge Curlers and Cupcakes said...

Hoo-boy! Now KNOW we're kindred spirits Heidi Ann. In fact I was SO thrilled the other day that a kind person with a garden sent me THE most luscious tomatoes that I took one, put it on a pretty lace doilie & took a picture of it so I could share it on my blog! I think there's few things more of a treat than a REAL tomato. I won't even buy them at the store anymore. Why bother to pay for something that doesn't even taste like anything! And it's such a shame that in this agricultural state we live in we have to eat imported stuff. I remember when I was a little kid & we had the Del Monty cannery in Sacto. Boy, you could see tomato's on the street from overflowing off the trucks coming in from Woodland & Davis. *Sigh* Those were the good ol days. Lickin my lips just looking at those pretties in your picture.

farmlady said...

That's a very nice ex-wife.
Sungold is the right name.. they are wonderful little gems aren't they?
Enjoy.