Thursday, August 11, 2011

Dateline Disneyland: April 1957

I showed you the photo below in an earlier post, taken in 1957 at Disneyland. Our friend Jose and his mother Maria were very lucky to meet Walt Disney in person!
Well, Jose was here for a visit a few weeks ago, and he brought some more vintage Disneyland pictures to show me, and has graciously allowed me to share them with you. Here he is (on the right) with his cousin Ramon. The one with the big ears is Dumbo!
Jose's sister Leonides , at the Mad Tea Party with the Chicken Of The Sea pirate ship and the Skyway in the background:
Uncle Pete and Jose's dad Silvano at the Autopia in Tomorrowland:
Again in Tomorrowland, getting ready to board the Skyway to Fantasyland:
And we leave you today with a shot of the Disneyland entrance, looking up at the Main Street Station:

(I want to go to Disneyland!!)

5 comments:

Vickie said...

I stumbled upon your site from God-only-knows where I started, and OMIGOSH you hit me right between the eyes! I think you & I MUST have been at Disneyland the same day! I have some great old black & white pictures of my sister and I on, I think one of the most memorable days of my life. Wow, what a trip down memory lane. And, I want to go to Disneyland too! My sister and I decided we would go together because we love it so much & we'd NEVER (except as kids ourselves)been there without kids, and we'd feel & share & experience all those old nostalgic things together again. Unfortunately I lost my beautiful sister & we didn't get to make that trip. But I must go anyway, sometime soon. Also, we're "sort of" neighbors! I'm down in the Sacramento Valley & your neck of the woods is a place I SO LOVE to visit! Anyway, THANK YOU so much for giving me such wonderful memories this morning, and while I don't have a blog myself I think I shall be a regular visitor to your site if that's okay. Now, I must get back to the beginning and explore the rest of your fantastic site.

Tina Dawn said...

Oh my goodness, thank you Jose, what a wonderful bunch of photos to share with us! What a great gift! I loved this post. And welcome Vickie. Love T

yosemite faith said...

love old photos and combine that with disneyland = priceless

Heidi Ann said...

Hi Vickie - I really am so glad you stumbled onto our blog. I'll steal a line from Walt Disney himself because I like to think of our blog as a pretty happy place:
"To all who come to this happy place, welcome!!"
Nice to hear from anybody else who loves Disneyland as much as I do. And I'm so very sorry about your sister.
Please do drop on by any time!

Anonymous said...

I miss vintage Disneyland...I loved the Skyway...I liked to board it in Tomorrowland so when I go off there was the Tyrolean music and lederhosen clad assistants...quaint.
Loved riding the Peoplemover and weaving in & out of attractions/stores. And, I miss the old shops when not everything was Princess or Disney character...still have a cute metal globe pencil sharpener from one of them.