Friday, July 8, 2011

"Showers Of Flowers"


I had seen the Sears advertisement above in my vintage Better Homes And Gardens magazines before. The bright and pretty flowers on this Sears "Showers Of Flowers" bedspread from 1971 were done in needlepunch from a design by Dorothy Liebes.
Here's a close-up of the bright flowers on the bedspread:

But when I also came across this girl's bedroom featuring the same bedspread along with the matching drapes, I decided it was definitely worthy of a post.

This lucky young lady has a pretty nice room!

She sure does have a lot of things I would have liked when I was her age - her own portable TV and Princess phone, one of "my" little 3-drawer boxes (see it up on the shelf below the tiger?). And, do you see those Beatles banks up on the shelf near the big window or sliding glass door? You might be able to find yourself one of those on eBay - if you have an extra $500 or so to spare!

Her friends are over for a slumber party with their striped sleeping bags:

Looks like fun!
Oh - and I am certain that is a copy of Seventeen magazine on the floor there.
I definitely could have been friends with these girls.

4 comments:

Zootsuitmama said...

Oh yes, Seventeen was by "bible" at the time!! I remember the 17 magazine modeling classes I attended! Very mod room!

Tina Dawn said...

I hear our Mom and Dad laughing in heaven about your dream of a TV and your own phone. I am joining them. I love that bedspread! Such a lucky little lady, except she is just a model, so who knows what kind of room she really had! (Of course she is in her 60s now, so I hope she has her own TV and phone.) Loved this post. Love T

Heidi Ann said...

Zootsuitmama - Me too! I still love those old magazines so much, that, if I became a millionaire, one of the first things I would do is seek out and buy every single issue I could find from the 60's and 70's! I'd be in heaven going through them all.

yosemite faith said...

oh yeah, memories, lots of them.