Monday, July 18, 2011

My First Corkboard Makeover

It has been so long that I'm afraid I can't remember which blog (or blogs) I saw this idea on. If it was you, please let me know. I wanted to do this project on the cheap. I found one of those cork boards at a thrift store (forgot to take a pic before painting it, but you know what they are), spray painted the frame glossy black:
I also found the fabric remnant and the piping at a thrift store:
My project required a few tools and I also needed to rig up a hanger on the back with two tiny nails and some wire.

And finally, the result:

I stuck pierced earrings in the corners, and she's ready to use!

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Isn't that just a satisfying project? Done so quick, and it looks great! Love that fabric.

Tina Dawn said...

Very nice. I can tell you don't have pierce ears LOL. Love T

happileah said...

Wow- That's great! I really like the fabric.

farmlady said...

What a great idea. That looks wonderful.
This is not only good looking but it's practical too.