Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Indulge = Battle Of The Bulge. Divulge!!

The vintage potholder above, which I found at a thrift store, says it all.
I am not even sure why I am admitting it here, publicly. Just crazy, I guess.

But, there you have it. I won't go into any of the sordid details. Let's suffice it to say that I have been bad, and that ain't good.
I mean, I didn't just fall off the weight-loss-wagon. It's more like I was bumped off the wagon as it traveled down a rutty road, and then I rolled all the way down the dirt bank into a ravine and didn't stop until I hit bottom in a rocky dry creek bed. Get the idea?
I found the vintage Borg scale below at a thrift store too. I didn't need a scale - I just like vintage ones. I don't like getting on them, though.
The little fuzzy pink doll scale sitting there on top of it shows my dream weight: 110. As in - only in my dreams is that likely to be attainable.

Maybe if I had a scale with mean words on it like that green scale by Counselor in the vintage ad above, it would help.
But I don't really think so.
I just need to try again. That's all I can do at this point.
It's not exactly as though I am lacking in my choice of recipes and cookbooks for reference, as you can see:



So - like I said, all I can do is try, try again - and hope that maybe - some day - I will actually get it right.
So - okay, Heidi ( a little pep talk to self, here) - get busy, get moving, get cooking, - and get with the program!!

9 comments:

jamie@midcenturymania said...

I've been having that same conversation with myself, as you know... lying there in that dry creek bed too. It was a pretty fun ride down...all those cookies and cakes. Now we have to climb back up that mountain and climb back in that wagon. Woo hoo...we can do it...lets go!! Ugh.

Tina Dawn said...

I really like those Counselor scales, almost seems like it would be fun to climb onto one. Just once a week at Weight Watchers is enough weighing in for me. I keep telling ya, the new WW program with zero points for fruit is the way to go. It's been a month and a half I've been on it now and I haven't really been hungry or tempted to eat badly at all (okay, once...) LOL. You will get there, watch out for those flash floods while you are down in that creek bed, though. Love T

Lorlore said...

Oh yeah, we can all accomplish this!!! This is the year for us!! Good diet tip: try being stressed about moving and downsizing 'stuff' = lost 3 pounds so far!! That's my diet right now!!

You can call me Betty, or Bethany, or Beth ...Just don't call me late for dinner. said...

I fluxuate soo much each winter, it is maddening. 10 punds if I'm careful and 20 if I'm not.. And when I'm ready to be thin again, there is all that Easter candy. I love candy.

Heidi Ann said...

Ladies - I thank you all for the words of encouragement. I need that right now......

★Carol★ said...

Is that pink fuzzy scale a Barbie one? I swear I had one of those!
Personally, I like the fact that you can admit that you took a tumble off the diet wagon. It's very honest, and bound to happen. All you can do is climb back on. You can do it! Oh, and I have a vintage scale in my bathroom, but I refuse to ever use it. I just like the way it looks!

farmlady said...

Oh Heidi Ann, this is the story of my life. The weight always goes up so easily and it's so hard to take it off.
I sympathize completely. One less doughnut, more walking. Lettuce and tuna instead of white bread and butter. Carrots instead of candy. It's such a "battle" all the time.
We all hear the conversation with ourselves. I've been in that creek bed too. I'm kind of starting down the hill right now.
Your post has been a heads up for me before I hit the bottom of the ravine. Thanks.

Sassy Lassies Vintage Life said...

Since the first of the year I have had dreams of loosing a few pounds...5-7 is all I want...and yet I am right there beside you in that ditch...maybe we should all have a party while we are down there. One last hoorah, so to speak.

My son is getting married in 3 months and I just want to tighten up and loose a couple, that and have my pants fit again.

I think I will go have a nice chicken salad right now and take it one meal at a time.

Good luck to you.

yosemite faith said...

i weighed the approx the same for more than 30 years so it has been very hard weighing as much as i do now. it sucks. good luck heidi.