Monday, March 14, 2011

Flower Power Pretty

When I found the picture, below, of a girl's room in one of my 70's decorating books, I was so attracted to the print on the bedspreads! I'd also like to have that white lamp, the TV (!), the clock, etc. But, anyway....check out that flower power!

It reminded me of this fabric I showed you in my Ikea post....

.....and that reminded me of this gorgeous Cath Kidston oilcloth:

....which also reminded me of this beautiful pattern "Folkloric" from Vera Bradley.
The Hipster:

And a Tote:
(I think I NEED one of those bags.)
And below, a picture of a bright floral fabric I found at a thrift store. I love this, too:

And since I'm on the subject of flowers - even though they are different in style - we really shouldn't forget about my kitchen wallpaper, straight out of the 60's:

I like color, and I like flowers. You knew that already, right?
Flower Power To The People!

5 comments:

Lorlore said...

Love flower power, all the bright colors!!! I need that counter plate rack in the kitchen photo for my new place.

Tina Dawn said...

Moda fabrics have similiar prints too, except the flowers aren't as big. Love them all, and I still like your wallpaper too. (Probably because I don't live with it everyday and have to face it in the morning before my coffee.) Love T

★Carol★ said...

I was a Flower Power girl, back in the day, and I wish I still had some of it! And I want that little TV too!

Unknown said...

oooohhhh great post i love flower power as you know ;-)) I adore your wall paper thats fab ;-) And i have to say i just love that Cath kidstone photo what an amazing room love the white with the colour i would love that, have a lovely week, dee x

MoonDoggie said...

These are my kind of florals.