Friday, December 10, 2010

A Very (Rose)Mary Christmas

It just isn't Christmas for me without Rosemary Clooney.
I need to watch White Christmas:

I need to hear her sing all the songs.
And not only songs from that movie, but any others, too. Duets, whether with my beloved Bing, or with Gene Autry, below:

These CD's (along with many, MANY others) are pretty much in constant rotation around here. Listening to Christmas music while I decorate and bake is one of my favorite things in the entire world.
This cool postcard was given to me by my friend Janet. It was a very special gift; I've never seen another one. Unfortunately, it no longer plays:
But I still treasure it just the same.
I'll leave you with miss Suzy Snowflake, here......
.....because I love the artwork on the cover, and because Rosemary sings it on one of those CD's.
I still miss her.

5 comments:

Tina Dawn said...

Wow, what a great collection of Rosemary items. Of course I am jealous of your Lutz Motors Placerville postcard, what a great item! Too bad it doesn't play anymore, it would be great to hear what she says. Love the Susie Snowflake cover. She looks a little bit more like Susie Starlight to me, and I love the color. Love T

Jennifer D said...

I love that Susie Snowflake!

yosemite faith said...

i love watching white christmas - one of my all time faves. great things heidi! tis the season!

Anonymous said...

I love all the images in this post, especially the postcard!
You have a great blog!

Anonymous said...

I have read both of Rosemary's biographies - great reads & always have to watch White Christmas...it's just not Christmas unless.
I don't know if you are familar with the animated Suzy Snowflake of the 1950s...it is part of my childhood and I was thrilled to find it on youtube a few years ago. (Not sung by Rosemary 'tho)