Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Just Because I Like The Packages And Boxes As Much As What's Inside

Just sort of a miscellaneous lot today; I'm sharing some packages and boxes I like, of varying vintages. First up Party Lites! Xmas Tree Lights:
Show-Offs - found this at a thrift store - such a cute presentation on the original card:

And another package of Show Offs - Tina mentioned this one that she gave me in her comment - I finally came across it in a box, so I wanted to add it! Thanks, Tina!

I love me some vintage Christmas lights. Those ones in the middle are not in their original package - they're GE swirl lights. I love their vintage colors:
My Crystal Pine Tree box. I have two of the trees, but only one box. Sorry I don't have a tree photo - I store them assembled, so they weren't with the box when I found it:
This little package is newer, of course, but I love the cheery Santa and the bright pink and green on the poinsettia and the ornament tags. (Come on, folks - you couldn't spring for one more "t"? "Giftrims"? Really?)

The cover of a nice big box that holds a string of lights we won't use anymore. One of the sockets pops the bulb if you put one in. No, thank you - not worth the risk. But I like the box, so I use it to store other things:

A vintage DoublGlo ornament box:
And a newer package of tinsel with their cute little Santa logo I love:

That's it! Hope you liked 'em.

7 comments:

Barbara said...

I did like them! A lot! Some of these are so pretty they could be framed - I just love those old greens and reds.

Tina Dawn said...

Very interesting. And now I am reminded I would like to get some tinsel for the tree. I think you might have another package of showoffs somewhere, I thought I gave some to you once, or something very similiar. Love T

Unknown said...

You just can't beat Vintage packages its in a beautiful class on its own.Lovely. Dee ;-) x

yosemite faith said...

i like the packages as much as whats inside too! i like the old greens and reds too barbara.

Jill said...

Wow~ I love all those!! Such great graffics!
Oh~ Congrats on winning Amy's giveaway!! Are those the best giveaway gifts ever, or what?? I must say, I'm a wee bit jealous :) Oh well, I'm comforted in knowing that it's all going to someone who will love it!
Hugs,
Jill

Anonymous said...

Definitely a lover of vintage box graphics here. When you see pink Santas ya can tell it's from the 60s. :)

Anonymous said...

Congrats on your give away win, Heidi Ann! Long time no see. :)

These packages you showed stir so many memories! I found an unopened package of show offs at Sally Anne's this summer! I don't think i'll open it either! ♥