Monday, December 20, 2010

Christmas with Helen Gallagher

I would very much like to travel back in time and spend Christmas with Helen Gallagher and Foster House, so that I could purchase any number of these fabulous items that I found in this little attached catalog still intact inside one of my vintage Better Homes and Gardens magazines:

I do have a few of the items. In the page shown above, I have the tall Santa match holder, and the Holt Howard Santa items shown in the center picture at the bottom. I found the match holder and the salt and pepper shakers at thrift shops. I sure would like to find those little candle holders, below:
I was lucky that the Santa "ash tray" shown in both of the pages above (I prefer to use him as a candy dish or spoon rest) , and the napkin holder, below, were here in the house. And they'll be staying here!
There are a number of other items in these pictures that I would love to find.

Maybe some day...who knows?

4 comments:

marble rose said...

Beautiful images - I would make christmas cards out of those!!! Next year maybe?


Fleur
xxx

Tina Dawn said...

What a great little catalog to find! I recognize many of the items. Thanks for sharing. Love T

yosemite faith said...

i do too tina. heidi - with your gold country girl touch i am sure some of them will find their way onto your path!

Unknown said...

I've lived in the Peoria area "home to Helen Gallaghers" most of my life...not only did they have these catalogs that sold product across the United States but we had a couple stores selling this product .. growing up in the 60's I spent many hours at one of the Gallagher stores...the main store "the backdoor store" located at the
company warehouse offered everything they sold in those catalogs...my first Harold Gale red santa was bought at the small outlet store next to Szolds department store....It was a treat to visit those store at Christmas time.......