Thursday, November 11, 2010

Rick Rack Attack

What IS it about rick rack that is so appealing? It's just so cute, and bright and quirky and colorful! Like so many of you, I can't resist buying it when I find it. I must admit that I do have a favorite among the styles of packages I have found over the years, and that's the Silhouette one in the center, below. I wish I had more of them:
And here we have Nufashond - I mean, couldn't they just call it New Fashioned? Not old fashioned, yes, we get it. I love the sweet little girl on the package:
Trimtex - I like this one, too. Cute little dress form torsos:
A few from J.C. Penney and Company:
And some variations from Wright's through the years:

Rick rack: ever useful and decorative, and just plain fun to use (and to look at)!

5 comments:

Tina Dawn said...

Yes, we Gold Country Girls love our rick rack. I have an entire vintage bread box full and lots of others besides. Love the colors and the packaging. I hate to open a "new" package to use it. Wow, hoarding rick rack. What will come next, hoarding paisley fabric? Oh wait... maybe that came first. LOL. Love T

Lorlore said...

Love my rick rack!!! I have a huge drawer full. Now if my sewing machine could be repaired, I'd be using it!!!

1950s Atomic Ranch House said...

How sweet. Beauty in simple things. =)

There is something so charming about all the vintage sewing notions and packages and such. A time when women did more hand work.

yosemite faith said...

yup i love it too. my gram made all my dresses when i was real little and of course there was rick rack involved. she like putting it on her homemade aprons too.

Twyla and Lindsey said...

Lindsey and I can never resist packages of vintage ric rac. Usually ours aren't in the wrappers like yours. Lovely. Twyla