Sunday, November 14, 2010

Floors From Congoleum

I shared a group of Armstrong flooring advertisements with you in a previous post. Today, I thought I'd share some from Congoleum. I kind of like this green and yellow floor from Congoleum-Nairn in this ad from 1952. My goodness, the lady of the house has been busy canning, hasn't she?

I can't say that I find the actual flooring in these next three ads terribly attractive, but I sure do like some of the furniture and decorative accessories!
From 1961 - I'll take that dining set:

And 1962 - I'd like the settee, the dishware, the pots - and I'd sure like a closer look at that horse on the shelf; it looks pretty cool, too:
Here's one more from 1962 - I'd happily take that green sofa/settee off their hands, along with those fantastic chairs and that pink owl (?) in the bookcase!
Looks like little Sally has been having fun with the pots and pans! And now she's busy feeding her baby doll. Is Junior locked outside in the rain? From 1968:
Looks like a Brownies meeting is being held in this house (also 1968):

And one from 1973, with a bright and colorful floral this time. (I think that looks like a Vera Neumann scarf wrapped around that hat.):

Cool.

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'll take the turquoise stove and that built in stereo (with the drawer for the records).

yosemite faith said...

love these ads heidi - i like that dining room set also. lots of things i would also 'like to take of their hands'.

Tina Dawn said...

Love the floral Congoleum and I will take the slide projector in the 1962 room, I need one of those! Great rooms (and floors). Love T

Leo said...

Love these photos, especially the brownie troop. Thats pretty funny about the canning. Obviously that was popular past time back in 1952!

farmlady said...

Oh, wern't we a bright and wild bunch back in the 60's. I think our first house had green shag carpet and a wild yellow and green Congoleum floor. I remember thinking it was the most beautiful house ever.

But, I do love the kitchens from the 20's and 30's. I would love to recreate one in my home sometime, only with more modern appliances.
Great old pictures.....

Alessandra said...

Wow! These look amazing!!

Twyla and Lindsey said...

Don't you just love all those home canned jars in the first picture?! Twyla

Congoleum Corporation said...

We love your blog! Thanks for the amazing vintage ad postings!

Heidi Ann said...

Hello Congoleum Corporation!
Thanks so much - I am delighted to know that you read - and liked - my post!!
Heidi

Sherry said...

Thank you SO much for posting these ads! I have been looking all over for the picture from 1968. The little girl on the floor feeding her doll is my younger sister! I remember being at the studio with her the day that the photo session took place. Such a long time ago!