Saturday, May 22, 2010

Then And Now # 66 Peter Pan Peanut Butter

Today's edition of "Then And Now" features Peter Pan Peanut Butter . See it here in an advertisement from 1948:
And this cute little girl in pigtails sure seems to like it! (Thanks to Cat at The Vintage Housewife for kindly letting me use this image.)

And today, you can find it in eight varieties, including Reduced Fat Creamy, seen here as it looks "Now":

I really do still love me a good peanut butter and jelly sandwich from time to time. I think grape jelly is my favorite.
What's yours?

5 comments:

yosemite faith said...

i love that the last jar has a 'flying' peter pan on it! i liked peanut butter and honey sandwiches. mainly cuz gram made tons of homemade jam that i took for granted (obviously) and so i would be sick of it. to be honest i still have had my fill although i would love to have a taste of hers. by the way - did the gold country girls notice something i shared on facebook about mackinac island getting ready to sell tulip bulbs from the grand hotel? check it out!

farmlady said...

Me too..., on two pieces of fresh WHITE bread. Yummy!

Tricks and Manners said...

I love cherry preserves on my sandwich, but Jif peanut butter is my favorite. Seems like it used to be called Jiffy, though. Another famous pb from way back: Skippy. Wasn't Annette Funicello on the Skippy commercials for a while?

Tina Dawn said...

I am not a peanut butter and jelly fan, if I have it it is peanute butter and honey, but I don't really like that either. I like nice gooey creamy melted Skippy peanut butter on a toasted english muffin or piece of wheat toast, or at the very least a nice wad on a saltine cracker. Don't sweeten it up, that is the ticket! Love T

Twyla and Lindsey said...

That's the only kind I use! Reduced fat creamy. Oh how we missed Peter Pan when they were shut down for those months. PP peanut butter is almost a daily food around here! Twyla