Sunday, May 2, 2010

More Cookbooks For My Collection

Um, remember when I showed you my 1967 Hors D'oeuvre book awhile back? Well, after I found that one, I got to thinking maybe there were others out there like it. Well, guess what? There were:
And I had to make them mine. I just think they are really cool little vintage cookbooks. They are all from the same publisher: Determined Productions, San Francisco.
You may not remember my Zodiac Calendar was from the same company. Cocina Mexicana was written by June Dutton and illustrated by Ann and Bruce Butte (who also did the calendar!):
An illustration from inside:
British Grub was written by Brian Murphy and illustrated by John Astrop and Eric Hill, also published in 1969:
And here is an illustration from inside that one:
Mangiare Italiana is by June Dutton again, and illustrated by Alain Le Foll, published in 1971:
And an illustration:

And French Favourites has recipes by Nathalie Le Foll and illustrations by Alain Le Foll (1969 again):
And here is an illustration from that one, as well:

Colorful and quirky little cookbooks.
I think there are more, but, you know me, right?
I wouldn't want to get too carried away....

5 comments:

Hearts Turned said...

Those are wonderful, Heidi! Love them all! The illustrations are so funky and fabulous--now I'm going to have my eyes open for them, too!

Hope you're having a beautiful weekend!

yosemite faith said...

1969 is the year i graduated from H.S. i do remember your calendar and these are soooo colorful - fantastic.

Anonymous said...

Hello Heidi Ho! I really like the senorita with the Jay-Lo booty :-)

Tina Dawn said...

Love the cute illustrations and I am sure I'd like the recipes. Love T

Paul Duca said...

Intriguing that the French book uses the British spelling "Favourites".