Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Framed Again

Yes - once again, I have framed a couple of my antique postcards. There is something about finding inexpensive frames at the thrift stores, and then searching through my stash of cards to make the perfect match; it's SO satisfying for me! The color of this painted wood frame was just right for these wild roses, and even though the card is old and stained, somehow I thought it looked just right:
And I found the frame below just recently. It's a heavy one, with enameled detailing. I didn't have a mat that would work, so I just backed it with pink paper that peeks through the openwork on the frame.

I think they're perfect for each other.

3 comments:

Tina Dawn said...

I just love both of them, very smart with your pink paper on the last one, looks great. Love T

yosemite faith said...

i agree they both look fantastic. i love framing my favorite cards.

Twyla and Lindsey said...

Oh, that second one is stunning! Because of you, I am now framing postcards and I love to find those wooden frames that were painted silver. Twyla