Saturday, December 5, 2009

My Vintage Coats

I thought I would show you some of my favorite vintage coats today. I think I found this red beauty years ago in Grass Valley. It has black velvet trim on the cuffs, buttons and lining the collar:
This one was a thrift shop find here in town. I don't know about you, but I don't find gorgeous vintage coats at the thrifts very often!:
Can't even remember where I found this blue one. The color is actually prettier in person, and it's a "swing" style. I love the glittery buttons. (These are all long coats - not floor length - but longer than they would be on me than most people, since I'm only five feet tall. My full length pictures looked awful - sorry about showing only the top half):
This is my oldest one - and it's in poorer condition than the others, but I still like it:
I am not sure I can choose a favorite - but this suede beauty with the fur collar would be right up in there. This belonged to my mother-in-law, and it didn't used to fit me. But now it does!! My picture doesn't do it proper justice:
I LOVE it.
But I do love and enjoy wearing all of the rest, too.
"Button up your overcoat, when the wind is free....take good care of yourself, you belong to me!"

6 comments:

Tina Dawn said...

All your coats are great. The blue one reminds me of our Grandma Nettie for some reason. Love the one from your M-I-L, and I am happy it fits you. Here's wishing for cold weather for you and your coats. Love T

yosemite faith said...

i love vintage coats. one of my yosemite friends used to live in stockton and work at the discovery shop. she had a vintage coat that was turned in with a reciept for a beef sandwich (from a well known defunct diner) for 25 cents! it was a fantastic coat. i love vintage coats soooo much. great collection - i think i like the red one best - but they are all winners.

Jennifer D said...

Fantastic coats!

Have a Happy Walt Disney's 108th birthday day!

Twyla and Lindsey said...

I bet you look so pretty in that red coat! It is so nice! I really like the blue one too! Twyla

jamie@midcenturymania said...

Check out the coat at Good Stuff. It's right inside the door to the left. You might like it. I did not look at the price, but I was in there this afternoon and Chuck commented on the fur collar.

Emily said...

Oh how I love vintage coats!!!! That red one is sooooooo wonderful!!!!