Friday, June 26, 2009

A Few More Thrift Finds

I left some things out the last time I posted about my recent thrift finds. I don't know about you, but I very rarely find gorgeous antique postcards at thrift shops. And they are usually priced at $3 each and up when I look through them at antiques shops. My sister spotted them first, but I got some lovely ones, and also found this rainbow iridescent lustreware saucer:
And a couple of days later, I found these two vintage paisley scarves and a crochet-covered coat hanger:
And I also was lucky enough to find this gorgeous paisley rayon fabric remnant. There is enough to make a blouse out of:
Too bad I'm not much of a seamstress.

3 comments:

yosemite faith said...

the blue paisley is so similar to a light weight wool dress i made when i was in high school - after mom passed it was something she had saved. she had given so many of my clothes away over the years - to girls who were in need - i was surprised to find it. i LOVED that dress. another wonderful post heidi!

Twyla and Lindsey said...

You scored some great postcards! My favorite is the pink, green and blue one that says, May this day bring you joy . . . So unusual. That plate is gorgeous too! Twyla

Tina Dawn said...

Of course I love all your paisley finds, and your postcards. What would we do without thrift stores? Love T