Friday, May 22, 2009

My Favorite Wastebaskets - Yes, Wastebaskets

I simply would rather look at and use a pretty vintage wastebasket than an unattractive new plastic one any day. So - what's a lover of vintage to do? Why, find pretty ones, of course! This first one is a beauty. I have it in the living room:
This is certainly a pretty pair. They are useful on one side of the bed, with the Kleenex holder on the nightstand:


This one with it's lovely roses is on the other side of the bed:

I had to have this Ransburg one in blue - you KNOW how I love my Ransburg! This one is used in the pantry:
Another black one with my favorite pink roses resides in the dining room under a side table:


This one with dogwood flowers on a blue background is in the guest room:
I picked this one up at a thrift shop for $1.00. While not as colorful as the others, it's still very nice looking - so I use in a less conspicuous place than it's counterparts:

Yep, I've got some mighty nice wastebaskets, that's for sure!

8 comments:

yosemite faith said...

yes you do! and the last one has a dogwood on it also if i am not mistaken. what a great collection.

Tina Dawn said...

I enjoy old wastebaskets too. Might as well brighten up the trash a bit before it hits the bin. My favorite one I own is the nasturtium/checks in the kitchen with the step on pedal for the lid. Great post. Love T

The Viewliner Limited said...

OK! I admit it, I like these too!

Tikimama said...

You've got much prettier baskets than I've ever seen! Inspired me to keep my eyes peeled for a new treasure.

Monica said...

GORGEOUS!! I agree!

Witchcrafted Life said...

How positively lovely! What a wonderful array of baskets you have. I've never seen such pretty ones before.


Wishing you a splendid weekend,
♥ Jessica

Twyla and Lindsey said...

No wonder you love these wastebaskets, they're beautiful! Twyla

Anonymous said...

Hi, I am on a job in Pa. I was driving down the street and found one of these wastebaskets, in the trash. I stopped and got it, It is blue and white with little dogwood flowers. Can you tell me something about this item. thanks. charlott560@yahoo.com