Monday, May 18, 2009

A Few Weekend Finds

My sister came for a visit again, and here are a few of the things I found at a church rummage sale, yard sales and a couple of thrift shops. A pretty original painting - I love the colors!

Sheet music- in perfect condition if you don't count the place where they stuck the gosh-darned price sticker- Grrrrr!
Now, I would have bought this album just for the great cover art, but I really like The Manhattan Transfer. First song on side 1: Tuxedo Junction - one of my favorites by ANY artist! Love their version:
Pair of pretty embroidered and crochet-trimmed doilies, two woven straw flower pins. The pin clasps on the back tell me they are vintage, and I really like them. They would be great pinned onto a vintage straw hat. The fabric behind everything is a nice large sample piece that would make a nice pillow or cover the top of a small bench:
A few assorted jewelry pieces, including a great tassel necklace. The lid is for a nice frosted glass vanity jar -the bottom wouldn't fit on my scanner!
We had fun, and I am happy with my little treasures.

4 comments:

Tina Dawn said...

Lori told me about your cool finds and the church rummage sale. I went to the Auburn Lake Trails sale and it was great, although hot. My big find was a 1940's fire screen of wood with an art deco design of a sunburst on the front. Love it! Love T

yosemite faith said...

another great group of finds. i like the manhattan transfer also.

Anonymous said...

Really like that necklace!

Twyla and Lindsey said...

You found some wonderful treasures and I certainly can identify with those 'sticker woes'! It certainly annoys me that these vintage items can survive unharmed all these years only to be marred by price stickers. Twyla